ITC – ECTN Member Institution running a TC
SES – EchemTest Self-Evaluation Session (1 person, 1 test)
S1. SES run by an ITC for its own academic use
S2. SES run by an ITC for academic use of another ECTN member
S3. SES run for ECTN purposes (eg. testing/validating libraries or platforms, EU competitions, Agencies, non ECTN member activities)
S4. SES run for any other case (presently undefined but that could possibly occur in future)
TC – Test Center (either NTC (National Test Center) or ATS (Accredited Test Site)) run by an ECTN Member or an Agency
QA – question and related answers for any ECTN library
EChemTest operating rules and licensing policy:
1) ITC can run for free for academic use at its own TC up to N_free (N_free = 100) SESs annually;
2) Further use of EChemTest for S1 and S2 requires purchasing a license from ECTN according to prices given in the table below;
3) The organization of S3s and S4s has to be authorized by ECTN and are subject to non Academic license conditions;
4) ECTN member Institutions not running a TC have to use an existing TC to the end of running the needed SESs for academic use and purchase a license from ECTN (at the prices given in the table below to be paid for to ECTN) prior to organizing SES;
5) License costs can be offset in terms of service provision as specified below;
6) ECTN can limit (or refuse) to sell licenses when it cannot guarantee to satisfy the SES request.
Yearly Licence price per SESs for ICTs:
Number of SES purchased
Price per SES
10.00 € (regular price)
5.00 € (50% discount)
3.50 € (65% discount)
Offset/compensation rules (for ITC only):
1) For hosting n S2-type SESs for another ECTN member: free licences for n/3 SESs
2) For hosting n S3-type SESs for ECTN purposes: free licences for n SESs
3) For n S4-type SES run in TC: to be decided case by case by ECTN
4) For other expenses afforded by ITC (not related to the costs of the SESs organized in the TC facilities): free licences for n/3 SES for expenses of 3.5n €
5) ITC can apply for a licence in exchange of services/expenses after carrying/affording these services/expenses or based on a plan of annual activities accepted by ECTN
6) License purchased/granted can be used at any time in future
NB: Number given below are examples. Particularly large numbers of SESs (eg. 600) will be arranged only when technically feasible. ECTN can refuse selling licenses.
– Example 1: an ITC wants to run 600 S1 (without any other activities) a year. It has to purchase the licence for 500 SES (600-100) and pay 1750,00 € for 500 SESs.
– Example 2: an ITC organizes 600 S2 (without meeting any expenses) on behalf of a non ITC ECTN member. The member has to pay 1750,00 €. The ITC gets for free a licence for 200 SES (600/3)
– Example 3: an ITC organizes 600 S2 on behalf of a non ITC ECTN member by meeting expenses non reimbursed by ECTN for150 €. The member has to pay 1750,00 €. The ITC gets for free a licence for 250 SES (600 /3+150/ 3)
– Example 4: an ITC organizes 65 S3/S4 for ECTN purposes. The ITC gets for free a licence for 65 S1
– Example 5: an ITC maintains, generates or translates QAs for an EchemTest library, by meeting expenses non reimbursed by ECTN for 315 €. The ITC gets for free a license for 105 SES (315/3).
– An ITC sends a unit of its personnel to attend an EchemTest event by meeting expenses non reimbursed by ECTN for 270 €. The ITC gets for free a license for 90 SES (270/3).
– An ITC that has provided the previous year services worth a license for 99 SES and wants to run next year N SESs it will have to buy no license if N<200, 16 licenses if N=215 (at the overall cost of 160€) and 100 licenses if N=300 (at the overall cost of 350€).